how do i use my fax machine as a printer?

i have a brother fax/phone and i can send faxes with my computer but it is on same line as the computer so when i try to print it says line busy

Favorite Answer

You can't send a fax from your computer to your fax over the phone line unless you have two lines.

One thing you can try. Connect the FAX phone line directly to the computer phone line (not to the wall). Now manually send a fax from the computer with no dialing. When it starts press start on the fax machine and see what happens.

• Cirric

Hi. Not to sound stupid but did you check to see if it has a copy button? Quite a few do. Most also have FAX memory so if you DO manage to send a FAX to yourself you may be able to print from memory.

Check with your Fax literature and/or use the Brother 800 number and ask for help. I have found them very helpful.

Disconnect the phone jet on the fax and connect it to y our computer and then get another phone liine and connect that to your computer and to your fax.