dancerkid asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I have brown hair....?

I have a question....I have pretty medium-dark brown hair....I am planning on getting highlights, but I want to know your opinion. Which looks better red highlights or blonde highlights on brunettes?

Favorite Answer

Neither. How can highlights look natural in Winter?!

I would say blonde. I'm a brunette myself, and just recently, I got light blonde highlights. I love 'em! The streaks are so pretty! Don't get red, though. Red and brown are too close together as colors. You want a color that compliments your brunette hair.

Just like Red compliments Green, Blue compliments orange and Yellow compliments Purple, Blonde compliments Brown. Red would blend too much.

Hope I helped you out, and good luck with your new style! ;)

Both would work. I would recommend the blonde ones though, but don't go too light or chunky with them. Caramel or honey blonde highlights would be pretty. You could maybe throw in some light golden brown highlights as well.

it depends on the kind of look you're trying to get. i got light red highlights and it worked out pretty well for me. if you're trying just to get it lighter, don't do blonde, just go for highlighting it light brown. if you want a drastic change, go for dying it light brown then highlighting it blonde. but if your hair is pretty dark brown, i wouldn't try highlighting it blonde, it will probably ebd up looking streaky and you don't want that.

If you want some really noticeable highlights I suggest blond. I used to have blond highlights and they looked hot. Red would add a subtle auburn spice to it. It's really up to you! I think red or blond would be cool. What about both? o_O Nah that might be going too far.....lol

it could go either way. I prefer blonde. If you have light brown hair then go blonde. but if ur hair is more dark brown, then just highlight it with light brown. if not ur hair will loo rele streaky nd thats not good. Hope i helped! =]

<3

• Terri

I've had both red highlights and blonde highlights.

I like both but I like the blonde highlights more.

i like red highlights on dark hair.

your hair should be darker shades in the fall and winter. blondes highlights are for the summer.

honestly i think u should try a honey light brown or a copper blond it to dramatic in my opinion and red would u were a red shirt with brown pants

A mix is great to have, shades of red and brown scattered throughout the hair look pretty and natural. God bless ya and hope it turns out well! Bye! :)