do you believe that heaven is within your grasp because of your good intentions?

remember the road to hell is paved with good intentions

Favorite Answer

Dear box,

Good intentions never saved anyone. Salvation is of the Lord Jesus Christ. "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Source(s): Bible (KJV); "What Must I Do To Become Saved?" by Harold Camping.

what if the road to hell is not paved with good intentions? then is heaven paved with bad intentions? and that is just another cliche with no real meaning?

• Sunman

The only 'good' intentions are the ones that hit the mark. If you come to the correct conclusions, you will grasp heaven.

I think God always judges us on our intentions, not our actions.

Take the act of cutting someones throat with a knife. Is the intention to heal, as in a surgeon operating on a patient. Or a murder.

Same with mercy killing. Is the intention to harm or prevent suffering.

No good intentions don't make heaven within your grasp. Good deeds do. Either way- it doesn't apply for me. I am probably God's biggest disappointment.

Heaven is within my grasp because I love all the people as I love myself, because I don't blow people up, because I don't envy, hate or harm anyone, because I make time to admire the creation around me, because I don't think that my religion should necessarily prevail above all other religions!

No, heaven will be within my grasp solely through well-planned logistics, psyops behind enemy lines, angelic will and sheer human creativity. You don't think after all this time that the two-thirds who betrayed Lucifer don't regret it - not after all of the crap that Jehovah's pulled. They're just waiting for the sign to bring him down.

Your brother in revolution,

Laz

No, but I do believe that I will go to Heaven because I have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior and I strive to live my life in a way pleasing to our Lord.

Yes totally

Heaven cannot be found through good intentions. It's a gift of grace through faith nothing less.