Dee asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 1 decade ago

I'm going to Cancun next week.....?

My husband and I are staying in the Mayan Riviera at the Mayan Palace Resort and we will be there for a whole week.

Can anyone recommend a few good excursions?

Any sightseeing suggestions?

Should we rent a car or is the public transportation (bus/taxi) reliable and cheap?

Thanks for all suggestions!

Favorite Answer

HELLO I AM MEXICAN AND ALIVE IN THE CITY OF MEXICO. CANCUN IS ONE OF BEST BEACHES OF MY COUNTRY AND I RECOMMEND TO YOU THAT YOU ARE MORE THAN ONE WEEK THERE SINCE CANCUN HAS MANY BEAUTIFUL PLACES.

“XCARET” IS ONE OF THE RESERVES OF THE BIOSPHERE OF THE WORLD IN THAT SITE IS MUCH NATURE, THIS ONE HAS FORESTS, RIVERS, MAYAN PYRAMIDS AND YOU CAN SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS.

“TULUM” IS A MAYAN ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE THAT IS IN THE BORDER OF THE SEA, HE IS INCREDIBLE THIS ONE HAS MORE THAN 20 MAYAN PYRAMIDS ANDUNDERGROUND RIVERS THAT IN THESE YOU CAN SWIM.

“HOTEL ZONE” TO 20 MINUTES OF THE AIRPORT DE CANCUN, IS THE BEACHES OF BLUE WATER AND WHITE SUGAR, IN THIS ONE PLACE THEY ARE THE BEST HOTELS DE CANCUN AND THE NOCTURNAL LIFE MORE CRAZY PERSON.

“ISLA MUJERES” IS A TROPICAL ISLAND PARADISIACA THE BOAT THAT TAKES YOU ISLAND TO THIS IS IN THE “HOTEL ZONE” BEAMS APPROXIMATELY 60 MINUTES AND IN THE PASSAGE THEY GIVE YOU TO EAT AND GAMES FOR PEOPLE, THIS ONE ISLAND I AM VERY BEAUTIFUL TO ME IN THE INDIVIDUAL I LIKE MUCH

“ISLA COZUMEL” IN THIS ISLAND IS THE SECOND REEF OF GREATER CHORALE OF THE WORLD AND YOU CAN SURFEAR AND TO SEE THE TROPICAL FISH THAT THERE IS IN COZUMEL, ALSO THE THINGS OF HAS ARE CHEAP AND IS VERY BEAUTIFUL

“XEL XA” IS A NATURAL AQUARIUS WITH THOUSANDS OF TROPICAL FISH WHERE YOU CAN SWIM WITH DOLPHINS, AND MUCH MORE TO RELEASE TURTLES TO THE SEA AND RAISE FROM A PARACHUTE FOR EVR ALL THE AQUARIUS.

“CHICHEN ITZA” IS A MAYAN ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE THAT WAS MOST IMPORTANT OF THE MAYANS BEFORE THEY ARRIVED THE SPANIARDS, SHE IS TO 1 HOUR DE CANCUN AND HAS ONE OF THE GREATEST PYRAMIDS OF THE WORLD AND RÍOS SUBTERRANEOSO GREATER NATURAL WELLS OF BLUE COLOR OF THE WORLD, AND THEY CONSIDER IT LIKE ONE OF NEW THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD.

CANCUN AND ALL THESE PLACES ARE IN THE QUINTANA STATE I NIBBLE, BUT THE QUINTANA STATE I NIBBLE HAS MORE BEAUTIFUL PLACES BUT THOSE THAT MENTION THEY PREVIOUSLY ARE THOSE THAT MORE BOND THE PAIN TO VISIT.

Source(s): VIVA MÉXICO MI PAÍS.

I would use public transportation.....it is cheap....easy....and reliable. I suggest you shop one night on Fifth Avenue. As for excursions......I like the jungle tour for one.......maybe a ferry ride to Cozemel. There is so much to choose from it is hard to tell you all of them. Go to the ruins if you like that kind of thing. I would just check at the front dest of the hotel.....they will direct you to the tour division.....they offer discounts to many tours and can give you exact times and costs of everything available. This is the easiest way to decide what you want to do most. Enjoy your trip. The Captain Hook and Caribbean Carnival cruise dinners are excellent choices for entertainment. The Tulum and Xel-Ha tours are also good choices. Chichen Itza, Xcaret, and Isla Mujures are also fun. Many choices.....too little time!!! Have fun!!!

My friend who went there a few years ago said they used the public transportation for everything and it was much cheaper and quite reliable. (As much as it gets there anyway.) It's not as reliable as home because the culture is just more relaxed than ours as a whole, but she said they had a great time and got to see the major attractions much more cheaply than going on the organized tours.

We did a split to TULUM and XEL XA. Think I spelled it right.Tulum is Myan ruins . Xel Xa [Said- shell ha] is a great place .Snorkel,walk trails,jump from a cliff,walk a floating bridge.It was verry good. The agents at your resort will have these and other side trips like 5th ave ,already set up .All you have to do is sign up and pay of coarse. Have fun