Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do long-distance relationships work?

• K
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

I would do a long distance relationship, and yes, I do think that long distance relationships do work, when 2 people are committed to making the relationship work.

I couldn't presently travel to be with the man, but something in me says that a man could and would travel to me, if he was truly gentlemanly.

If I feel that I might cheat on the person or be cheated on by the person, I wouldn't even entertain thoughts of entering into such a relationship. It'd be a wasted effort.

If I feel worried, I'm not trusting either him or myself. Why be with

someone I'm not trusting? Love is NOT enough of a reason for me. Communicating shouldn't be an issue. Calling long distance is free these days, we could e-mail/IM, and text message too. Yes, it could work..if he and I really wanted to make it work.

Yes.

1. Be honest: Share your feelings about the separation - both the positives and the negatives. This will give you the opportunity to really understand each other and give the support and reassurance you both need.Talk about your resentment at the situation rather than at each other and look forward to the time when you're next together.

2. Keep communicating: Staying in touch regularly is the key to surviving a long-distance relationship.

yes...I have met by bf 3.5 years ago...we were together in the same country for the first year only..and we have been in a long distance relationship for the last 2.5 years...I only saw him for one month during those 2.5 years....I love him now muchhhhhhhhhhhh more than I did 2.5 years ago ...am loving him more everyday..but if u want to have along distance relationship...it should be with someone who is worth the wait!

Occasionally.

Not usually but there is always that 1 in a 100 that manage to make it.

Nope, not really, but then again, most short-distance relationships don't work either.

For certain time they do. But keep it under a year or two (max)

Source(s): been there, it didnt work out.

Depends on the people.

Maybe..depends on how strong your love is

yes