a asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

If you are a teenager and are trying to lose weight??

I am 14 yrs old and am about 5'3 or 5'4. i weigh about 133. i was wondering how much weight i should lose. i wanna lose ten pounds. but i have ribs that poke out and i'm afraid that if i osew weight they will make me look sick.. anyway is there a way i can lose like 5 pounds in 3 weeks. and ten pounds by the beginning of june, i feel REALLY big.

Favorite Answer

ur weight is fine

Well you are at a healthy weight already so it won't be that hard to loose like 5-10 pounds..

I'm 5'5" & 104 lbs. & I've lost like 8 lbs in a couple months by cutting back to under 1,000 calories a day & running 4-8 miles a day. But on weekends, I eat what I what [up to 2,000 cals.] & still run. It works nice b.c if its in the middle of the week & you really want some cookies, you can just be like "I'll eat some Saturday." & then you can look foward to that all week.

Good Luck ♥

You should not be losing any weight!

Sweetie - you are 14 and your body is growing. That's why you feel big...as you grow, your clothes get smaller on you. But it is perfectly normal and right for you to be gaining weight and getting taller and bigger in all directions. Girls continue to grow until they are 18 or so.

Instead of thinking about it in a negative way, think about how you get to buy new clothes to fit your growing teen body. What's not to like about shopping?

To become a beautiful, healthy adult, all you need to do is eat a healthy balance of foods and get some physical activity each day. Try not to compare yourself to other people, because everyone has a different genetic make up and they are MEANT to be different shapes and sizes. Celebrate the beautiful person you are!

Source(s): Nutritionist and mother of 3.

You may feel big, but you're already at a healthy weight. Perhaps what you're looking for is to be more toned. Exercise is key, and not just aerobic. Lifting weights will allow your body to burn more calories, but don't worry you won't bulk up. Girls just aren't built to do that. Also try to cut out empty calories in your diet. For teenagers that usually means pop and fried food. Good kuck!

• if your ribs already poke out then you dont need to lose weight. but if you feel like you must, try maybe 3 pounds. it doesnt sound like much but it will make a big difference. ten puounds may be too much. youll end up looking emaciated.

Not eating or skipping meals is not dieting If you do you may get more weight

yr at a good weight already.all you need is some good exercises. read tips on some great exercise programs to help you more on this site

Source(s): this will help you-free useful tips & articles on almost any topic- http://free-articles.50webs.com/

savory umami ingredients such as mushrooms low sodium soy asparagus and olives can help you feel full and add an earthy home y quality to your healthy dishes

nurse a hangover sleep in for an hour and 53 minutes

50 minutes of hula hooping

90 minute ride on horse back