im trying to get a loan for college but i have no creditworthy cosigner and i have bad credit what should i do

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    To get a loan for college, you must first fill out the fafsa, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This is required to determine you financial aid need. You may qualify for grants which do not have to be paid back and are therefore better than loans. You may still have problems due to bad credit, but you have to start somewhere.

  • 1 decade ago

    Fill out the FAFSA and that will qualify you for grants and federal loans. The federal loans are not based on credit, only financial need, otherwise I wouldn't be in school!

  • 1 decade ago

    I am dealing with the same exact problem becuase I don't have a job. I am actually gonna have to drop one of my classes so the financial aid I already have will cover the cost. So, now I'm starting a "home business" you should try it. Email me and I'll explain how it works to you.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    go to a public community college. cheaper

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.