I haven't seen my dad in a long time, so I'm mad at him. But should I start begging him to come to Christmas?

I haven't seen him in over 6 months. He won't return letters, phone, or visits. I'm just no sure what to do!!!

• D.C
    Favorite Answer

HELL NO. He is the "father". Let him come to you. I would never think of life without my kids as part of it, and if I do, I dont deserve them.

don't beg. you have already tried to get his attention by letters, phone calls and visits. i wouldn't do anything. he is YOUR father and HE should be trying to see you. you are his child - don't let him hurt you again with another rejection. if he wants to see you, he'll be in touch with you. if he doesn't try, consider yourself lucky that you tried only 6 months out of your life to get him to see you. he isn't worth the effort and the longer that time goes by, and, if he doesn't do anything about seeing you, you'll be glad he's out of your life. so, don't be sad, or feels it's your fault, if he doesn't call, it definitely isn't - it's just a father who isn't worth the time and effort out of your life. be happy - enjoy your Christmas and don't worry what he is doing. Have a Merry Christmas.

Try to contact him. If he is not contactable by Christmas, enjoy your own life. If he really loves you and is alive and in a condition to come he will certainly come. Else pray for him.

my dad is like that, i've just given up. you cant force anyone to be a proper father

what is the reason for him doing that ????????????

if you really love him to come back i think you should call him and tell him to come and spend the christmas you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what i think you should do best of luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!