Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Do you have a phobia?

Does anyone have any weird fears in life?As for me, I have Hemophobia or Hemaphobia or Hematophobia- Fear of blood. And why do they name it this way....Like

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia... Which is the Fear of LONG WORDS. Why do they name that this..?

~Hugz

Favorite Answer

am definitely germaphobic, I can mentally see the cloud of germs around someone when they cough or sneeze. I hold my breath and close my eyes until I am away from the imaginary cloud. If I wash my hands and bump the towel dispenser the tiniest bit, I have to wash up again. I get worse and worse, my imagination is causing me major inconvenience! I am also afraid of heights and some bugs, definitely maggots, but ants are the worst for me. I have so many more, but not as bad as germs, heights, ants and maggots.

It's weird. But I am afriad of bees and butterflies. I am afraid of butterflies because I had to go into one of those butterflie rooms and it was all humid and gross. So now i think that all butterflies are sticky and wet and slimy and just discusting. But this is the main one, my fear of bees. I sat on a log with a bee hive in it once. I got stung more than 30 times on the back of my leg and it hurt like hell. Ever since then I have been scared to death of bees.

Yea..

Tight spaces

Spiders

Bees

Un--Dead

Yea I'm a little out there lol

And heights too lol

Oh and water

Needles/Shots

The Dark

And calling people (I don't like caling people that much)

And planes

Oh and your really going to laugh at this one... I fear improper grammer and mispelled words.

I have many strange phobias here are some:

Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.

Bacteriophobia - Fear of bacteria.

Bathmophobia - Fear of steep slopes.

Catagelophobia - Fear of being ridiculed.

Dystychiphobia - Fear of accidents.

Entomophobia - Fear of insects.

Iatrophobia - Fear of doctors.

Lilapsophobia - Fear of tornadoes and hurricanes.

Necrophobia - Fear of death or dead things.

Nosocomephobia - Fear of hospitals.

and finally, Pathophobia - Fear of disease.

yep, I do, though I have yet to find the name for it. I have a fear of getting my blood drawn. I go into hysterics, and start to cry, I clench my arms together and refuse to budge. It took 3 people, to get my (a kid) blood drawn

I fear snakes.

Here's the weird part: My fear of small snakes is far greater than my fear of large snakes. Confusing, but true.

• I have spiderphobia. THEY FREAK ME OUT! I won't even kill a small spider. Right after I see a spider I always feel like a bunch of them are crawling on me and like I have to keep brushing them off. I always look everywhere to make sure there are no spiders near me. I hate spiders!

Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsly represents a sentient being.

i have a phobia of being on planes and of elevators will not go on either of them no matter what even if we are at a hotel and our room is on the 8 floor i will walk up all the stairs

yea im scared of heights io hate roller coaster there so stupid and i used to be scard of the dark and the water but those 2 were the past im stillls cared of heights and when we go to six flags for orchestra this boy in who is in my group always wants to go to those big ones and im like no so hes like fine