How does it sound?

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” proclaims American president Franklin D. Roosevelt during the great depression. The quote in itself describes the human psyche, as fear, is an unpleasant fact that no one can escape. Since the beginning of life, mankind and every living and conscious being has been either propelled or repelled by a powerful sensation, fear. Fear is the sole reason why many probable great accomplishments could have been far better far more successful. Just as Roosevelt describes fear is itself something to be afraid of, as no matter how strong, how big, and how courageous a being is, it is still afraid of something.

this is just an intro of my essay

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Fear is the sole reason why many probable great accomplishments could have been far better far more successful. Just as Roosevelt describes fear is itself something to be afraid of, as no matter how strong, how big, and how courageous a being is, it is still afraid of something. ...........Fear is the sole reason why many potential great accomplishments could have been far better or far more successful. Just as Roosevelt describes fear "itself" as something to be afraid of, no matter how strong, how big and how corageous he or she may be, they are still afraid of something. (no comma after big)

• 1 decade ago

is your theme the universal fact that everybody is fearful of something? or is it how our fears limit our possibilities? i am not quite sure. i'd like to see where you go with this.

• 1 decade ago

Aside from a few gramatical mistakes, I would say you're off to a good start.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.