how to change oil in nissan altima 1999 GXE?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The easiest way is to unscrew the oil pan drain plug! Duh!

:-)~

• 1 decade ago

There are several ways to go about learning to change the oil on your vehicle. i would first suggest you ge the Haynes or Chilton repair manual for your vehicle, and read the general maintenance section. All the details on changing your oil should be there, step-by-step.

Just to be on the safe side, next time you et your oil changed, let the tech know you plan on doing it yourself in the future. Get him/her to show you where the oil plug is, and where the filter is as well as how to remove and replace each. Also find out what grade oil (should be 5W30) your car uses and how may quarts.

Once you are able to safely raise and support your vehicle, changing your oil shoudl be easy, if you have the right tools and means to collect the oil. And recycle your oil!! Most auto parts stores and quick lube shops will take your used oil. I usually store mine in a covered/sealed 5 gallon bucket until I'm ready to recycle.

Hope this helps.

• WHAT
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

if you don't know how to do it ,i would suggest you go to a jiffy lube for your oil change for $25 instead of possibly screwing up your engine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.