Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Mice and hamsters?

Can mice and hamster be in the same cage?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Those of us who have lived in multi-pet homes for all of our lives preach that it is never a good idea to allow different species of animals to live, or even play, together. The most popular combo is Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. And then I saw a vet program where the guinea Pig had to have a leg amputated because it was attacked by it's bunny cagemate.

Hamsters are solitary animals. They prefer to live alone. The energy level and different life-style of a mouse would drive a hamster insane. The hamster would quickly dispatch (kill) it's unwelcome house guest.

Don't even try it, it only takes a milli-second for the mouse to be killed.

spazrats

http://spazrats.tripod.com/

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No, it particularly is impossible. That a million/2 mouse hamster toddler is gonna finally end up delivery defects with 2 heads a million eye 5 tails and prefer 30 ft. So superb guess is get yet another hamster and yet another mouse and notice what occurs.

• 1 decade ago

No!! Hamsters will eat mice!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It all depends on what kind they are. They are more likely to not but if you wanted to try you could put them together for a while watch them and if they don't they don't. but wish you luck on that.

Source(s): ps i love hamsters
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, Hamsters should be housed seperatley. they will fight DONT DO IT!!!!

• 1 decade ago

i don't know. Maybe you should try for a few hours if they get along then your answer is solved.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

iu wouldnt try it!!! its nt a pretty site!!!!!

they will eat eachother NO LIE!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO THEY WILL KILL

• 1 decade ago

no they will KILL

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.