Barabas asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

is anybody still running into spambots?

I am still seeing glitches in my answer limits, that only stareted with these robots appearing.

Favorite Answer

Yes, we have a major invasion going on. Just keep reporting abuse on the ones you see, and try not to worry. I met some of the smart people who are the basic Defense Against the Dark Arts team at Yahoo this week, and they are hard at work. The problem is, they can't just insert manual over-ride as the way to do it, or suddenly they would need to multiply their staff. They have to figure it is a Bot vs. Bot war.

Troll-bashing must become an important pastime here, or we will lose the site altogether, and I couldn't bear that, after we've got such a great thing going. Remember, this is literally world-wide communication, and that has to be good for peace and prosperity, for liberty and justice for all.

Source(s): Justice League Help Us!
  • CT

And I say it should be investigated thoroughly by the police to whoever has programmed it into YA's. They have a lot to answer to. Remember this site is also for children of all ages and not just for adults, if a child goes onto the link they have left, it could be very frightning for them to see such a site. I would advise everyone to make a complaint to Yahoo as soon as possible and let us try and get yahoo to put some sort of protection on here.

I have been to the link the so called BOT leaves behind and the link contains bomb making equipment and firearms. I truly think this should also be tipped off to the police and let them track down these evil menacing people who have wormed this program into YA's.

I was on the Answers Forum a little while ago. A Yahoo staff member posted to say that the following accounts have been suspended...

MAN

people

orcal_girl

answer_moon

If you encounter any more bots, report them for abuse.

Source(s): Y!A Forum

They are gone - finally! Now lets hope they stay gone.

I am still getting the notices saying I have exceeded my answering. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

I am quite impressed with Yahoo! being on top of it today and not let it go the whole day like yesterday.

I am having problems too. I just posted a question about it. It tells me I have reached my limit every time I try to post an answer.

I haven't seen them since last night. But I am still having problems with my limits too. It's driving me crazy!

• troha

No, yet thank you for asking. that's one in each of my appropriate fears. i'm consistently far flung from doorways and individuals when I try this... I consistently get frightened whilst somebody else is careless approximately it mutually as they sparkling their own ears around alot of people, incredibly childrens!

Me Me Me. I was voting and it said you've reached your voting quota and that was after 5 questions I voted for best answer WTH am I going to do.

• Jon W

I haven't see any lately.

The answer limits are a temporary fix to limit the "man" spambots.

No one has "unlimited answers" anymore.

No I havent seen them.