Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why does Y!A keep saying I have reached my daily limit?

This morning, every time I hit preview answer, Y!A tells me I have reached my daily limit to answer questions. If I go back and tru again, it lets me post my answer. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Is anyone else having this problem?

I am not a spammer. Come on...would I ask this question if I were a spammer??? As far as being an addict...LOL, you ARE right but I am nowhere close to my limit.

• Jon W
    Favorite Answer

I think it's an attempt by Yahoo to limit the "man" attacks.

They have put limits on the "unlimited" accounts so that you can't answer 5,000 questions in one day.

That's what I would do too.

Perhaps it's set too low for some, but this is an emergency fix and I think that's preferable to the alternatives (which appears to me at this point would be to shut answers down entirely).

----------

I imaging they tried cutting off his IP (ouch!) first thing.

He's probably using "hijacked" pc's for this so that they can't set an IP or even a range. With DDNS he can keep moving the web site around too...

Well it did happen to me when I was on earlier today on Yahoo Answers but that was about 1 o' clock in the morning. From your description I assume you haven't reached your daily limit for answering questions yet because your system won't allow you to. I know for a fact that at midnight since it is a new day the system resets itself allowing you to answer more questions. Sometimes however even this does not work. The best advice I can give you is to try refreshing your boswer and try again and if that does not work then to contact Yahoo Answers and inform them that the system is down.

• CT

Because we have a BOT on yahoo answers causing problems.

And I say it should be investigated thoroughly by the police to whoever has programmed it into YA's. They have a lot to answer to. Remember this site is also for children of all ages and not just for adults, if a child goes onto the link they have left, it could be very frightning for them to see such a site. I would advise everyone to make a complaint to Yahoo as soon as possible and let us try and get yahoo to put some sort of protection on here.

I have been to the link the so called BOT leaves behind and the link contains bomb making equipment and firearms. I truly think this should also be tipped off to the police and let them track down these evil menacing people who have wormed this program into YA's.

It's just a glitch, I guess. It kept doing that to me yesterday when I was trying to vote; it told me that I'd reached my limit after I'd voted for only 4 questions. So I hit the back button, tried again and it worked. After that it let me vote but wouldn't give me any points. It was driving me crazy!

It's a glitch that's been happening to a lot of us for the last couple of days. If refreshing your browser doesn't work, log out of answers and then log in again - you should be fine then.

If it happens again (and it might) just refresh or log out again and keep trying.

It's nothing to do with your computer or you personally...it's just one of those annoying things that happens sometimes.

It happened to me too. I opened a new account. I think it's a glitch in Yahoo because now I'm able to answer questions again. Yahoo is having problems with their new 'whatever'.

Stoopid bot was doing that to me the other day. It is a Yahoo! Microsoft Bot, so the ones that run it are the actuall culprits. Yes Virginia Microsoft writes Spyware also.

The same thing happened to me today just after I signed on. I think it has something to do with the bot andd how they are trying to get rid of it.

I wonder, can't they get his IP and just barr his address from participating or something??

• aussie

sounds like a glitch in the system

All you can do is to keep refreshing the page and continue on.