Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is this an abnormal weight?

Im about 6'1 not a big build on muscles and im only 130 pounds and i have a slow metabolism, im wondering if this is any signs that i have an infections or if i have a parasite in my body due to such a low weight (i have some what abs and i have some arm muscle but not as if i worked out on a regular basis)

Im a 15 year old white male, and if you add in genetics it seems odd because my dad is somewhat overweight (6'5 and 240-250lb)) and my mom is very overweight (5'4 250lb)

Favorite Answer

I can't comment on the weight, but you having an internal parasite is very unlikley to cause you to be skinny or have a slow metabolism. This is a very common myth about parasites (I've worked in a parasitology lab and this comes up all the time). However, it can't hurt to go to your doctor or call your doctor's nurse and see what they think about your weight.

You ought to have plenty of muscle, I quite would not fear approximately what the scales say. My individual teacher has advised me that I will have to by no means ever get at the scales (I surely do) I'm five'nine and weigh 150lbs, and am among a ten and a 12, so it quite relies on your muscle composition and the way heavy your skeleton is, as all people is exclusive!! I might say that I'm common however I'm slender on my body and feature approximately thirteen% frame fats. See if you'll be able to discover out what your frame fats percent is as this can be a well indicator for you, and a dimension 10 may be very healthful. So maintain off the scales!!! :oD x

I would say that you may possibly want to seek a physician. Your weight is low for someone of your height. If you have always been built like this, then you might want to try some strength training to build some muscle. If you have lost 10 or more pounds in recent weeks, then I would say get to a doctor asap and figure out whats wrong.

i'm assuming you're a guy. I'm 5'5 and i weigh 130 lbs. and you're 6'1 130 lbs. most guys are at least 150, or your heithb more....you might want to double chck with your doctor. then again, if you're asian....it might be normal. asian food is known to make u skinny

I would say that you really dont have to much to worry about. Some people just have slower working systems then others. If you are really worried about it ask your doctor.

if you are a teen , you probably will not put much weight on until your in your 20s.but for the heck of it I would check in with my doc, and eat a few malts!

It would help if we knew your age, but if you're just a teenager then I'd assume it'd be fairly normal. But if not, go see a doctor.

Best of luck!

You could have diabetes as one possibility. It depends on how quickly you've lost weight and how much you've lost or if you've always weighed this much.

You might need to get a parasite cleanse.

U must be atleast 300 lbs