MaryBeth asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

I am really down.Could you please say just 1 sentence to lift my spirits please?

Thank you.

• amp
    Favorite Answer

"Treating yourself like a precious object will make you strong." I loved this quote when I heard it. Words to live by. Be good to yourself. Treat yourself to something nice. Have a bubble bath. Do something you enjoy.

Smile Sunshine! You're a beautiful miracle of nature & you should enjoy life as much as you can. Don't worry. We all feel down sometimes. (Especially this time of year, if you live in a climate like mine, it's dull & grey & dreary & depressing & cold...ok now I'm down!!! I think I have a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder. The lack of sunlight can bring you down. We are creatures of the earth after all, changes in seasons can affect us.) You're not alone. Tomorrow will be better. Find something to make you smile. Even if it's something small & silly. Appreciate the little things. I was feeling blue the other day so I ate some cookie dough (and baked the rest) and snuggled with my cats & had a good cry & wrote a song & eventually I felt better. Sometimes just crying is a release & you feel a bit lighter. Watch a comedy. Something to make you laugh.

And try this: force yourself to smile. Yeah I know it sounds ridiculous but if you force your lips to curl into a grimace & sustain it it actually fools your body into thinking it's happy & you feel a bit better.

Give yourself a hug & say "I love you" (think of how many people we hug & tell we love & yet we never do this for ourselves! The one person you spend the most time with, you don't even acknowledge! No wonder we get down sometimes! Love yourself! Sometimes negative self-talk can bring you down. Be good to yourself.)

You are a daughter of God and are therefore blessed with the opportunity to have all the joys this world has to offer: you just have to go out and seek them.

Hakuna Matada!!

Remember that all of us have this kind of emotion even if once in our life...Don't feel alone....now I'm pretty sure you think you are...but believe me tomorrow you'll wake up much better and you'll find ur friends around u then

Source(s): I've passed through this millions of times..actually while I'm writing this I was in the same condition..
  • robak

that's an incredible poem finished with whiskers and tail witching. verify the kittens get a reliable residing house! :) That could desire to have been what made siamese cats go eyed..... that bong element!

Happiness is a voluntary state of mind.

Be happy.

Sunshine, allow your inner radiance to shine through; it's there, just pull it out, with everything in you...

just go 4 it & if u r still down come back again

Fancy a pint?

Usually works for me!

• zingis

"Sunshine, on my shoulder, makes me happy.... Sunshine, almost always, makes me high". John Denver,

Great handle, you must have a reason for choosing it :)