When was the last time, if ever, you heard someone speaking in tongues what did you think?

Favorite Answer

I pray in tongues, its the Holy SPIRIT,praying through me.As we sometimes do not know what to pray.Its in scritpture.Be blessed and loved

It was about 12 years ago at my brother's church for the dedication of his then newborn daughter. Near the end of the service a woman started babbling and then started talking as if Jesus was talking through her. It was very strange indeed. I turned to my father and asked him, "these people don't really buy this bullshlt do they." He answered that he didn't think it was possible that they could. That probably did more than any one other thing to set me against born againers.

Around 25 years ago in my sisters Apostolic Church. It scared me at the time. But after I started going out with one of the "tongue" sisters. I started watching and listening. Mainly it sounds like backwood gibberish...very repetitive as it is hard to keep making up an imaginary language as you prattle on. I believe its fake.

Long time ago at a church I was invited to. Most pathetic thing I've ever witnessed!

You should feel such presence all the time if you are a true believer, don't wait until Sunday afternoon after you've confessed your sins.

Just my thought!

I remember this lady was jumping around shouting and speaking in tongues in Church when she slipped and fell on her but. Her dress flew up above he waste. The preacher shouted who so ever looks upon this woman will be struck blind. This old deacon jumps up covers his left eye and yell praise the Lord I'll take a chance on one eye. xx

I heard it at a friend's church, and I was in awe, though very worried. I wondered if maybe I was wrong to think it was crazy, if maybe it is of God. The speakers seemed to really be into what they were doing.

Maybe two months ago. They were devout in the spiritual zeal. I took no offense. I have witnessed the effects of this woman's intercession.

Never.

If it sounds like babble then no evidence of the Holy Spirit.

<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>.

• Nutters

It was at a Pentecostal church and I was almost afraid. There was a prayer room and there was wailing and crying and "Hallejuah!" all mixed up together. I was raised up Catholic. Very. Very. Different.