mindi
mindi asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

if you don't take your mascara off at night, will your eye lashes eventually fall out?

that's what my mom told me, because i usually take a shower in the morning and that's when i take my mascara off, so I just sleep with it every night, is it bad? am i going to end up w/ no eye lashes?

Favorite Answer

welll.. if you do it everynight as a routine.. yess they will get hardened and flaky.. and some of them will very easily fall out.. but if its for liek one night then thats fine but you are much better off washing the makeup off before you go to bed

hope this helpss

=))

It's a good idea to wash everything off every night. Same as when you take a shower and brush your teeth every day. Lashes are related to skin and you should give them the same treatment that you give your skin. If you neglect any part of your body, it will certainly suffer consequences in the long-term. A good mascara remover is Motives Eye Makeup Remover and Motives Eye Waterproof MakeUp Remover. You can find it at http://www.americhoice.unfranchise.com/ If you have questions, you can email them at americhoice.unfranchise.com

I don't think it will necessarily fall out, but I did read in Iman's book (The Beauty of Color: The Ultimate Beauty Guide for Skin of Color) that if you wear mascara overnight, you are clogging your pours in the eyelash bed, and you are more susceptible to getting an infection like a sty, and a sty is soo painful. So if you're not going to wash your face at night, at least get some eye make-up remover to take it off before you go to bed.

Source(s): Iman's book is really helpful: http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Color-Ultimate-Guide-...

Your eyelashes need oxygen to survive,

Wearing mascara at all times makes your eyelashes dry and dehydrated.

Your eyelashes always fall out but this will make them fall out in an unhealthy and frequent matter.

It will also prevent them from growing back as fast, thick, long, and healthy.

That's not true. If you wear mascara your eyelashes will eventually fall out anyway. Then you'd have to take HRT's to start growing them back again. But then again, it all depends on the brand. Do you use L'Oreal? or are you not worth it?

I'm not so sure that they will fall off because of that cause i've never heard that but i know it's definetly not good for them, you should never wear any kind of makeup to bed it's really bad for your skin and you should wash your face every night.

ok, i went to the mall lately... and there is this new stuff that is supposed to prevent u from having ur eyelashes fall out when you get older. they will not fall out now, but they do need to be taken care of. the lady told me that the stuff is sort of like a conditioner for ur eyelashes... they become weak and dry if u dont use stuff like this at one piont in ur life. its not too expensive- totally worth it. when i am a grandma... i want to have eyelashes.

NO, that is not true. Your eyelashes will not fall out any more than normal. BUT, you should remove your makeup nightly before bed because wearing it to bed causes your face to age faster, wrinkles and all.

Well in that case that'd mean prolonged use of any form would cause loss. Ask someone who wore mascara everyday for many years, they'd be able to tell you.

• lee m

first off, your eyelashes will fall out; they last only about three months, and new ones are constantly growing in.

But no, mascara won't make it so they won't grow back.