What should I do with my life?

I have a bachelor's degree in English Literature. Though I graduated with a 3.4 in 2001, I cannot find a job in my field (publishing). I am not sure if that is what I even want to do anymore. I know I like social sciences and creativity. I don't know what I should do. Before I go to grad or law school, I need to be sure about my future plans. Anyone know of any exciting careers where I can use both sides of my brain?

Favorite Answer

try teaching. my mom does it and she has a masters in english lit. also she taught social studies for five years and learned as much as she taught. she incorporated activities and creativity as well. from what you said, you are in the same situation and it may work for you. don't stop looking for a job that is fun and helpful to you.

Good Luck!

Take a year out, there is no use going for somthing if u are not sure that that is what you really want. I didn't have a clue what i wanted to do last year when i left school, so i went to a kibbutz in Israel and volunteered, you can volunteer if you are between 18 and 35, food and accomadation is provided and you meet people from all over the world. Its hard work over there but great fun aswell. I learn't new skills and i even found out what i'm good at, photography! I'm now studying photography at college. Sometimes a break is neccessary to find yourself. :)

Remeber teaching is a good choice but if you dont like to be a full time teacher then go for public relation job i mean to say that a job related with organization marketing and i guess you can do well in that

Go and travel! You could write exciting articles for travel magazines while seeing the whole world!

be a nurse thats a good career

Be a lawyer,excellent career!!!