Can hypoglycemia develop into diabetes?

I have been dealing with hypoglycemia for several years now and I remember hearing somewhere that it can develop into diabetes. Does anybody know if this is true? I can't seem to find much to answer this anywhere else on the web.

Favorite Answer

Hypoglycemia is where the pancreas produces more insulin than is needed to regulate the blood sugar. A person with hypoglycemia who eats a high-sugar diet can exhaust the pancreas and cause the insulin production to fail, essentially causing diabetes.

The best way to prevent this is to regulate your diet to eliminate refined sweeteners. When I do eat sweet foods, I do my best to make or get them with raw cane sugar, honey or fruit juice. These are all naturally occurring sugars with minimum refinement. Stevia also works, since it is a no-sugar sweetener. I stay away from artificial sweeteners, but that is a personal choice.

You can eat sweet foods just like anyone else, you just have to make sure that you learn when is too much and don't overdo it.

Source(s): Lots of experience.

1

Source(s): Reverse Diabetes Without Drugs - http://diabetescure.raiwi.com/?ryHO

2

Source(s): The Complete Diabetes Solution - http://diabetesgofar.com/?ndai
  • ?

I am writing to tell you what an incredible impact these methods had on my life! I have had type 2 diabetes for 27 years. For me, the worst part of this horrible disease is the severe pain I constantly get in my feet. The pain is so bad that I avoid standing and walking as much as possible. I've got to tell you that within the first month, my feet stopped hurting altogether and I can now walk totally pain free.

Believe it or not, I even danced at my niece's wedding last month, something I have not done in a many years. I've been following the book for six months now and my blood sugar is well within normal range. I feel great!

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Hypoglycemia is a medical term referring to a pathologic state produced by a lower than normal amount of sugar (glucose) in the blood. Two types of hypoglycemia can occur in people who do not have diabetes: reactive (postprandial, or after meals) and fasting (postabsorptive). Reactive hypoglycemia is not usually related to any underlying disease; The term hypoglycemia literally means "under-sweet blood". Hypoglycemia can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose as fuel to the brain, resulting in impairment of function (neuroglycopenia). Derangements of function can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to coma, and (rarely) permanent brain damage or death. Hypoglycemia can arise from many causes and can occur at any age. The most common forms of moderate and severe hypoglycemia occur as a complication of treatment of diabetes mellitus with insulin or oral medications. Endocrinologists (specialists in disorders of blood glucose metabolism) typically consider the following criteria (referred to as Whipple's triad) as proving that an individual's symptoms can be attributed to hypoglycemia: 1. Symptoms known to be caused by hypoglycemia. 2. Low glucose at the time the symptoms occur 3. 3. Reversal or improvement of symptoms or problems when the glucose is restored to normal. However, not everyone has accepted these suggested diagnostic criteria, and even the level of glucose low enough to define hypoglycemia has been a source of controversy in several contexts. For many purposes, plasma glucose levels below 70 mg/dl or 3.9 mmol/L are considered hypoglycemic.

Hope this is of interest

Matador 89

Doctors Reverse Diabetes Without Drugs - http://help.diabetesgogo.com/

Because I have a family history of hypoglyciemia, I have been quite familar with this subject. I have been sufferer for many years and although it does not have a high chance of turning to diabetes, it can happen. Blood sugar levels that are not in the normal ranges can cause a multitude of other health problems and you should try to find a way to contol them more carefully. A good website to visit is www.webmd.com

Source(s): webmd.com, my doctor

Safely Reverse Your Diabetes - http://www.diabno.com/

They are related. Here are some web sites with a lot of information.

Don't eat any form of sweetener.