Would you choose normal books for ebooks?

would you go on the intenet and download a book or would you go out to the shops to get a book?

Favorite Answer

Well, I struggle with this question! I SO want to read ebooks since they are readily available, I don't have to wait for Amazon delivery etc. but the format of the darn things keeps me away. It's one thing to read a newspaper online and yet another to read a book. I recently was delighted to find an obscure book I wanted to read available as an ebook, downloaded it and there it sat on my computer. I eventually ordered the hard copy. The computer just doesn't replicate the cozy reading environment that I like when wanting to read a desired book... I just don't like being chained to the computer.

When I was in publishing they were experimenting with all types of different delivery methods for ebooks for college courses. No one had it "discovered" then. Maybe someone will soon and we can all enjoy ebooks then. But until they come up with a device that makes reading from a computer more like reading from a real book then I'm sticking with the paper pages!

Well, I'd love to go to a bookstore, and pick several books, and begin my own home library, but whose gonna give me the money for that? You? Well, then my only choice if I wanna read is take a seat in front of my comp. and affect my vision reading from the e-books.

For me it is still books over ebooks.

I'd rather go to the shop and buy one.