can an immigrant student get a permit and driver licence in high school?

if he/she has been here for long time?

Favorite Answer

As long as you're a citizen, it's okay. How do I know? I filled out a form about it yesterday.

If you are here on a student visa, I don't think so. But if you have become a legal permanent resident or a naturalized citizen, then yes.

I moved to the US from Canada in July of 1999 and became a legal resident in September of that year. I got my drivers license shortly after.

If you are a US citizen, the same rules apply to you as every other US citizen. However, if you're on a non-immigrant visa (i.e. H, F, J, B), you need to be at least 18 and you need a bunch of proof. You'll need to contact your state's specific rules about what materials are needed to prove your identity. Texas just changed their rules for non-immigrants in October.

• wax

If Social secure practices information point out which you're a US citizen, then all you could desire to do to get carry of a alternative social secure practices card is furnish an identity. So, the two your pal is a US citizen or she's utilising somebody else's techniques fraudulently. the two way she's no longer mendacity. SSA could settle for a school identity card as identity. extra archives...a minor can, certainly, word for their very own alternative social secure practices card. they do no longer ought to have a discern with them.

If you're on a student visa, then you need to go to a social security office first. once you get a SS#, then you can apply for a permit or licence.

Are you legally here? Then yes, if not, then no. And why should you if you if you are not legal. We pay taxes for our roads and everything that has to do with them. You do not, so why should you have the right to drive on them if you are not legal. But if you are, go down to the DMV and get your self a license.

• BIGL

you get everything else i dont see why not .even a check for college if you ask if a citizen wanted too he'd have to get a student loan and if he didn't pay it back he'd be up sh*t creek so get all you can let usa pay all your expenses us tax payers will take good care of you .

Time isn't the issue.... is that person here legally? If so, then yes. Assuming that all other prerequisites have been met

Yes if you are fluent in the language and of the right age.

probably

you have to be 18 I think

Source(s): opinion