Does anyone know what the RFID chip is a good thing or a bad thing?

Favorite Answer

very very bad Hmmm.... interesting design for this new design for a tracker chip put out by a company called Matrics. They're not throwing it in our face, or anything....

I've been reading about the RFID chips and they are going to start putting them in ALOT of things so that they can track you.

EXAMPLE: The new passports will have the chips in them, and I believe that in the next couple of years they will also be put into our DRIVERS LICENSES. They are also to begin putting them in the CAR REGISTRATION STICKERS...

Raxor blade companies are supposedly putting them in their products and they can track you around the store while you shop. If stores have advanced tracking systems and you go to check out and you have been tracked with an RFID chip in merchandise, it will signal security if it shows its on your person yet it was not scanned and paid for. This is supposed to help curtail shoplifting, but I see this becoming a problem if the system is not working properly...

Maybe a good thing, but seems kinda scary...

Source(s): Various web articles

A Radio Frequency Identification chip is neither good nor bad. It is simply a way to track shipments or to identify what is in a package, etc.

Source(s): Life