Should we ban algebra from being taught at schools...?

since it was invented by Muslims?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Public schools should ban it. All math is a waste of time and money to teach future Wallmart employees math.

If more federal education dollars was spent teaching shopping cart collection then the IRS could give Wallmart a tax cut.

Go big Red Go

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Absolutely! Teaching kids how to ride and maintain a bicycle would be far more practical. And there are a dozen other better things to teach, like how to do your taxes, how to replace a toilet flapper valve, how to grow a garden, how to stay out of the hospital, jail and debt. Even if you're the 1 in a million who end up being a scientist or mathmatician, that needed to know algebra, you'd never do it long hand, you'd have a computer. Yes it should be offered for study, voluntarily, somewhere, but not crammed down kid's throats. However, you're just banging your head against the wall, schools will never learn.

• jerry
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think they stopped teaching math a while ago.

Now its about how the numbers make you feel and not about getting the right answer, but about trying your hardest.

And this is why so many jobs are lost to overseas.

And I think algebra was actually invented by the Chinese.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

At that time, the Muslims held the light while the Christians were on their kick of slaughtering the infidel. How times change...

There was a time when Republicans were for small[er] government and expanded freedom. How times change...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Should we encourage you to open your mind to the possibility that not all muslims are bad? Yes.

• 1 decade ago

Should be ban free thought?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Solving for the X answer?......, give me the points.....

• 1 decade ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.