My computer doesn't want to turn on???After a power outage it doesn't want to turn on?

Favorite Answer

Either your motherboard died or your power supply is dead. Dont go to mainstream people like best buy or whatever. Get a private computer place to look at the computer and let you know what the problem is.

Source(s): this happened to me.

It's possible that your power supply or motherboard was fried during the surge that usually preceeds an outage. Did you have the computer plugged into the wall through a surge protector?

Open up the case and see if you notice any direct damage to the motherboard or power supply. If not, your best bet is to either call a computer repair guy in your area, or lug the thing over to Best Buy or CompUSA, where they will fix your problem (not cheaply though). Provided the hard drive didn't get hit, your data should be safe.

If you had a power outage and your computer does not want to turn on there will be a problem with the computer. It is called the surge protector. If you had a surge protector before, it will only take the hit so long when the storm hits it. After that, It will be surged and therfore will not work. It also will not turn on due to that problem. Surge protectors are quite cheap. You can get a surge protector at Best Buy for $18.99

Could be your motherboard or your power supply.

The Chernobyl virus fried my computer back in 97 and all it needed was a new motherboard but I ended up upgrading the whole system. Cost me $1,000 at the time. You can get new computers for less than that now. Oh well.

Ouch! There a re-set anywhere? Try another outlet?

When having problems with hardware I have had some luck going to my cpu manufacturer's web site and checking the FAQ's as well as asking the question of their tech people. May give you some optons but take awhile to get back to you though. Try that and good luck eh?

might of had a power surge and also fried it it happenned to me.