stephluv95 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

what do you do when your cat can't poop?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Nikki
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Umm...let's see here...maybe TAKE IT TO THE VETERINARIAN so that they can diagnose and treat. Sounds like a good idea to me.

• 1 decade ago

If your cat is constipated, it could have a blockage. The easiest thing to do is to take it to the vet. They can clear a blockage, or give it a laxative to soften stools. Until you can get an appointment, make sure your cat is getting enough water. My cats love fresh, cold water. Float a few ice cubes in the bowl to keep it cold, or run the faucet in your sink at a trickle. A lot of cats love drinking out of the sink faucet.

• 1 decade ago

Sign of bowel blockage. Not something to play around with. It could die. Go to a vet. My vet said if a pet can't eat , pee, and poop, then he need a vet. Something is seriously wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go to the store and buy a baby suppository it will have to be 100% mineral oil no additives...wrap kitty in a towel and apply to the butt he/she is not going to like it but this is way more inexpensive than what a vet is going to charge you...bowel movement will occur within the hour

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Think about it. What if that were you??? Don't give him people laxatives. Seek medical (vet) care asap!!! The cat's wastes will back up and eventually kill him.

• 1 decade ago

give the cat some choclate that makes people poop!GGGGGGGGOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.