Do you have to refridgerate ornamental peppers AFTER OPENING them. The kind in the decorative jars.?

We opened a jar of pickled pepper mix. There is ongoing debate as to whether we need to refridgerate them.

Favorite Answer

my boyfriend has a set of three bottles filled with different kinds of vegetables including peppers, lemons, garlic and what not. they came filled with oil and when he uses the oil we just keep refilling the bottles..........this set has been on the counter for as long as we've been together which is three years and there is no mold or anything on them. hope that helps your ongoing debate.

No.The pickling process means you just need to keep them in a dark area like the cupboard.When you run low on the liquid you can buy pickling wine or vinegar to add to keep it lasting.I have seen some last for five years after opening.

Source(s): I come from a long line of southern picklers.