How much memory can I put on my motherboard when my processor is intel celeron?

I currently have 256, can i put more?

Favorite Answer

It depends on the motherboard so you'll have to do a search for it in either the instruction manual for the motherboard or online, processor has nothing to do with how much you can use....... however it also depends on your operating System, too........ for instance as far as I'm aware, WINDOWS '98 will only recognise up to 512MB....... while I've heard WINDOWS XP can only recognise up to 1GB of memory (which is what my PC, using Windows XP + an Intel Celeron D processor uses....... and it absolutely flies).

The motherboard is the hardware that holds the memory. Most motherboards hold more than 256. Type in the name of your motherboard in yahoo search and check the stats. They will tell you.

The processor you have installed has nothing to do with how much memory you can add, to know how much memory you can add, you have to check your motherboard's specifications. It will tell you what the maximum amount of memory that can be installed is. most times its 2gb, check your motherboard's specifications

Source(s): d

It depends on the motherboard not the processor.If you have the book for the motherboard you should be able to find the info in there.

Most likely, yes. My computer is a laptop and is tiny, but faster than almost all the computers. 3.5 Gz and 1.5 GB of RAM. Builtin sound, recording, Windows Vista etc. I'm sure yours can fit way more than mine. There is a lot of space.