am i the only one here who feels disgusted by hip-hop r and b and rap crap "music"?

Favorite Answer

god it is the worst, and so vulgar!! it is insane, I feel embarrassed just listening to it, cause they have so many naughty innuendos and cuss words! I am a country listener, I try to avoid these channels at all times!!

I dislike it, but just for the sound of it.

I don't hand out dumbfounded reasons like "They degrade women and they talk about killing people, blah," because there are several other genres of music that do they same as rap music, they're just not performed by black people. Um, yeah...guessing that's why so much negative spotlight is put on it, because of the race associated with it.

i'm a big country music fan, but i also listen to everything else. I can see how some people would think that rap is offensive, but I have a great idea. If it is so offensive, just don't listen to it. Pretty simple, huh? That way, everyone who does like it, don't have to hear you complain about it.

Just like a lot of people think rock music and some country music is disgusting... you have your own opinion, but not all of it is bad. When people post questions like these, I think they are uneducated and judge based on what they may have heard other people say. That's kind of irritating...

I'm African American and opposed to the message that alot of rap music sends to my cultures youth, i feel the undertone can lead to promiscuity and unfortunately mindlessness, however when you have rap groups like dead presidents, the roots and black starr that speak out on political issues and awareness are kept underground and dont get the exposure they deserve. so not all rap music is mindless. i recommend dead presidents to anyone.

However,

There is one of my favorite golden rules...

if you dont like something dont listen, thats the wonderful thing about life ...

its subjective so enjoy that freedom

NO! I don't like the music. I prefer classical: Bach, Mozart, Beethoven. Of course, I am a pianist...

Yeah, Merry Christmas.

It's utter shite. Especially when white middle class teenage guys do all the posturing and wear the clothes. They look absolutely stupid. Yo! Dawg, I got sum dollar from me b itch, mes gunna ax her fo mo. (loosely translated - I borrowed a fiver from my mother, but have spent it. I shall ask her for some more so we can buy some more soda pop. What say you, Rupert?)

Source(s): Book title -"Biatches blunts n ho's" Author - Sir Charles "Charlie" Charles-Cameron-Smythe

Absolutely disgusted

Im not crazy about it. Not disgusted though. My kids listen to it so, some of it grows on me.

No you are not.....I like hip hop but I don't like the direction it has taken over the last few years...