DO my fellow liberals agree that the only thing that matters with Tim Johnson is that we keep the majority?

like dick durbin said. the bottom line is we will keep the majority. i mean, his life is secondary i believe.

Favorite Answer

No--I live in South Dakota and have met Tim Johnson several times and worked on several democratic campaigns in the state. He's a good guy and is good for the state (which is small, usually ignored until something negative happens and suffering without Daschel). Yes, it's important to keep the majority, but his life can be of equal importance. No need to be so cold!!!

You add new meaning to the term, "facetious", your other loaded questions not withstanding.

It's important that Johnson recover. He's a good guy and as Joe Average as you can get, which is rare in a politician. And if the Dems retain the majority, that would also be a boon because the GOP and their "Republican Revolution" have pretty much derailed this great nation of ours.

Incidentally, Johnson has a son serving in the military, and his tours have included Iraq and Afghanistan. That's far more than all the conservative chickenhawks clucking for war have invested in this so-called "War on Terror". I salute him for that as well.

Durbin said nothing of the kind and the reps have been circling like vultures since Johnson's illness was announced.

WELL here is the thing for the democrats to keep the majority he has to remind alive. Wow so they all want him alive isn't that great! Without his life or his mental facilities he would be able to take office. So wishing for one is wishing for the other too. THEY GO HAND AND HAND. YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER.

Yes, they have circled the man like vultures. They are the only ones that I have seen making comments. I have stated I wish him full recovery and to keep his seat. I am a non compassionate conservative!

I think both parties are thinking more about what his life or death will mean to the Senate, more than they are thinking about his life. It's amazing...I even heard a CNN newscaster have to add, "Of course, his health is the most important thing, first and foremost."

That should go without saying!

you are a disturbed individual. I am a conservative in most areas, but I would never hope for anyone to lay hopes on a political change when it comes to the health of another. you should be ashamed.

To his family and friends? A resounding NO!

I think it is a terrible thing to be that sick and know that your own demise can change the history of the country.

And tell me wise one, what do you think the republicans would be sayingif there majority was threatened ? Why were there so many republicans frothing at the mouth on here about his demise? Telll me, were these the same hypocrits who cried about Terry Schiavo?