Rick asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

What are some tips for building a deck for Magic the Gathering to be played in extended?

I'm going to be playing an extended deck at a Friday Night Magic for the first time and I don't know what to expect. What are some tips for creating an extended deck? How many cards should it be?

Favorite Answer

You can't play Extended at FNM. FNM is only Standard, Sealed Deck, and Booster Draft.

General info about Extended: Extended is dominated by only a few decks: Mind's Desire, Psychatog, Ichorid/Dredge, and Boros Deck Wins. Here are the decklists for the top Extended deck from Worlds http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/worl... Boros Deck Wins seems to have dominated the Extended champs this year.

Source(s): 3 years of Magic experience,

first thing don't freak out guys at fnm aren't super hard to beat and first timers usually(like me) will gain a back up guy,this person will tag with you in 2 on 2 games and what not. one tip for an extended deck is the natural echo combo made by yours truly: take it you use green. use natural affinity card when you have a decent amount of lands bolstered with overgrowth. use only needed amount of lands for the spell. then use echoeing courage to make your lands 4/4 and pummel your opponent. a good deck has about 60 cards. good luck!

Source(s): 5 year exp.
  • wax

attempt to get your fingers on some low costing infect playing cards, destruction playing cards, and playing cards like ordinary/tremendous/mutagenic boom and construct a eco-friendly/black infect deck I actually have a cheap infect deck (except for inkmoth nexus) costed about $5 to construct because I also get playing cards from tournaments