Sophie asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

How can I keep debtors from harassing me on the phone 24-7?

This debt is almost 5 years old and the company wrote it off but now an attorney is harassing me 24 hours a day, Sundays and holidays.

Favorite Answer

theirs a robot that u can hook to ur phone that you can program to delete the income calls u dont want. i dont know what its called.

This is a foreign concept to many these days. But I suggest that if the debt is yours, you pay it. It does not matter how old the debt is. If you owe it, pay it.

Or you will continue to get calls and be treated like a deadbeat.

Most likely someone has bought your debt. There are collection agencies that buy old debts and try to collect them. Get an answering maching and don't answer the phone... turn the ringer off.

Get the name of the law firm and report him to wherever you would report a law firm to. For instance, if the law firm is a corporation, you would report him to the department of corporations.

Depending upon your state's statute of limitations, you may not have to legally pay the account. Go to http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/statuteLim... to read more about it.

what is fun is to say hello......could you hold please..........put the phone down and go about your life within 5 minutes go check they have hung up yipeeeeeeeeee

It's called pay your bills.

just say wrong number when you answer the phone