3.2 Vs. 6 point beer.?

I live in OK and would like to put this one to rest! I have been told many things and heard many misconceptions. I am under the understanding that 6point beer is stronger than 3.2, which is a given, but not by much. So many people here think that 6 point beer is truly 6% by volume, which is totally untrue. Can anyone fill me in on the differences between 3.2 and 6 point domestics...I would appreciate.

I had a bartender that toured a brewery answer the question for me...He was from Oklahoma of course. Anyone have any real information?

Favorite Answer

I am from OK and moved to PA about 2 years ago where any percentage is allowed. Most beers are around 5% here unless they are micros.

I recently went to visit my family and tried a beer from the gas station and it tasted like salt water. I mean, it was horrible. I threw it out and went to liquor store for real beer.

I'm not sure about the 6point vs 3.2 but I know 3.2 taste like sh*t and isn't even worth drinking.

Where did you get the impression that 6 point is not 6%/vol? Go recheck your misconception.