Physics - Rotational Inertia and angular acceleration?

A windlass made up of a thin walled hoop (mass = 176 grams, and radius = 56cm) and six spokes (each of mass = 41 grams) has a long string wrapped around it with a block of mass 205 grams hanging at the end. The windlass is free to rotate around its center axis without any frictional loss and the mass of the string is negligible. How do i find the rotational inertia of the windlass? How do i find the angular acceleration of the windlass (assuming the string does not slip as the block falls). and How do i find the tension in the string?

Favorite Answer

I just finished physics, I would help you but I already forgot what I learned.

-Rotational inertia is a word used to describe how difficult it is to change the objects rotation. -Angular velocity describes how fast an object is spinning. -Torque is a rotational force. --Increasing the angular velocity is one way to increase rotational inertia. Another way is to add / change the distribution of the mass on an object. --The greater the rotational inertia, the more torque it takes to change the direction / decrease the angular velocity of the spinning object. Make sense?