mbj227 asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

I am an exculsive insurance agent with an umbrella co.and have a jerk manager. How can I get out?

and still be able to writ with other co. same parent as indepedent agent and maintain renewals?

Favorite Answer

:: able to writ with other co. same parent as indepedent agent:: is unclear, sorry, can't address it.

Is the jerk manager the person at the umbrella company? Or someone at YOUR agency? If it's at the umbrella company, go to the marketing rep at the company and tell them you want to work with someone else. If it's the marketing rep you're referring to, go to the VP of marketing, tell them you want to work with someone else. If it's the VP of marketing, go to the VP of underwriting, tell them you want to work with someone else.

If it's someone at YOUR agency, go to the marketing rep at the umbrella company, tell them you value their relationship with you, and you're looking to expand your horizons at a different agency, do they know of any openings where you could maintain your exlusive relationship with them. DON'T badmouth your manager to the company.

Source(s): agent, 20+ years
  • Eds

I have been in the insurance industry about 18 years. I imagine that this manager probably has irritated others as well as you. Make certain that you speak with the company or a vice president above him. That VP can probably move your biz with you to another "manager" that will work with you. I hope that this helps. Have a great holiday.

Eds

This is a great opportunity for insurance agents.

http://www.workingconsumers.com/