what is a tally?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Except the literal meaning of Tally i have one more finding.
Tally is an accounts and inventory management software which is having many other features too. In India this software commands whooping 94% market share in small industry segment. With the latest version of this software Tally9 you can
1. do all basic accounting functions,
2. Manage your store and items,
3. do the job costing,
4. manage payroll,
5. get many mis reports which are useful for day today functions,
6. file your tax returns like prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, VAT forms, TDS, returns, Service tax returns, e-TDS filing, Excise forms, FBT reports and forms,
7. maintain budgets, scenarios,
8. calculate interest on pending amount
9. manage data over different locations and synchronize it and many more other features.
In fact in todays environment you just need a computer and Tally to manage your business and you to run it.
you can get more info on tally at
You can more info about tally at its site atSource(s): you can get more info on tally at http://apnitally.blogspot.com http://www.tallysolutions.com
- 1 decade ago
Hmm.. tally is a running total, a method of keeping score. Adding/Counting
To tally the results...
- Mt ~^^~~^^~Lv 51 decade ago
It's when you start a list for example: of say how many people ate dark chocolate and how many ate white chocolate.
You have just tallied up who ate what. Usually there will be a slash through four to make it five. That is just one way of doing it, simplified.
- ?Lv 71 decade ago
A count. Or a counting.
I Cr 13;8a
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
a tally is a "total" of an amount... :D
- katlady927Lv 61 decade ago
DO NOT CLICK LINK TO LOV SHAR THIS PERSON BEEN DOING THIS UNDER DIFFERENT ID'S ALL DAY LINKS TO A WEB PAGE COULD BE A VIRUS? REPORT HIM