Nose Piercing gone bad?

ok so so i have this friend who got her nose pierced and i had star tissue like a bump in my nose for about 3 months or so.. i thought it was infected so i used tea tree oil and it eventually went away.. but my friend she has it on the out side like a big like bump or ball on the side of the nose ring.. i was... show more ok so so i have this friend who got her nose pierced and i had star tissue like a bump in my nose for about 3 months or so.. i thought it was infected so i used tea tree oil and it eventually went away.. but my friend she has it on the out side like a big like bump or ball on the side of the nose ring.. i was wondering what she should do to get rid of this and is it an infection or scar tissue? and how long will it take? should she just take it out and thats that... cause i dont think she wants to cause she had to spend her own money in all but she doesnt want the ball or bump there either. HELP PLEASE.
Update: So she ended up having to take it out and they said that if the bubble doesnt get better she will have to have it removied.