1993 Thunderbird LX electronic dash?

My mom currently has a 1993 Ford Thunderbird and the electronic dash wont work so that means she cant see how fast she is going,how much gas she has or anything else. We already changed the headlight switch out, checked the battery ground, does anyone have any other suggestions of what we can do??PLEASE HELP!!!

My mom currently has a 1993 Ford Thunderbird and the electronic dash wont work so that means she cant see how fast she is going,how much gas she has, and the radio wont even work . We already changed the headlight switch out, checked the battery ground, does anyone have any other suggestions of what we can do??PLEASE HELP!!!

The radio is also not working!!

Favorite Answer

You will need to remove the inst cluster, not that hard, basic hand tools, and check the bulbs . The bulbs that it has in it are a halogen type pointy bulb, but you can replace them with a standard 194 light bulb. I believe the holders that they are in are orange, the others for dash illumination are brown(I think)

. It takes about 40 minutes to replace the bulbs. The sockets just twist 1/4 turn then come out the back of the cluster, then the bulbs push into the sockets.. Or maybe the relay for the power is bad... You might have to take it to the dealer to check

Is the mph the only thing not working? Or the whole system? If mph only you possibly have a bad tansmission output sensor but hard to tell. I do want to let you know of a serious recall that may be related in some way.

File Date 5/1/1996

Mfr. Involved FORD MOTOR COMPANY

NHTSA Campaign # 96V071000

Mfr. Campaign #

Component Affected ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION

# Vehicles Affected 7900000

Defect THE IGNITION SWITCH COULD EXPERIENCE AN INTERNAL SHORT CIRCUIT.

Consequence THIS CONDITION COULD CAUSE OVERHEATING, SMOKE, AND POSSIBLY FIRE IN THE STEERING COLUMN AREA OF THE VEHICLE.

Corrective Action DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH.