I have just won the lottery!?

A company called Marble Lottery in Liverpool, England e-mail me to tell me that I have won 5 million pounds by random lottery draw. They ask some personal info about me, name, marital status, occupation, phone number, state, and valid id like passport. They did not ask for my social or bank account number (which... show more A company called Marble Lottery in Liverpool, England e-mail me to tell me that I have won 5 million pounds by random lottery draw. They ask some personal info about me, name, marital status, occupation, phone number, state, and valid id like passport.
They did not ask for my social or bank account number (which I wouldn't give them obviously)
I know that I havn't won this money but was wondering if anyone has heard of this scam or similar and can tell me what they are trying to achieve by telling me this and obtaining this information about me?
Update: No I didn't respond as I know it isn't true, but I didn't realise how so little information would lead to identity theft, I guess I am a little naive.
Update 2: No I didn't respond as I know it isn't true, but I didn't realise how so little information would lead to identity theft, I guess I am a little naive.
Update 3: Hey Guys! If you get an e-mail like this and you bank with bank of america you can forward the e-mail to abuse@bankofamerica.com and they will investigate it for you.