Who can navigate their computer without a mouse?

This is a tribute to all of you who are technology advantaged. so I want to hear from all of you who can do it. give yourself a pat on the back verbally. Take advantage of the situation. This will probably be the last time you get props for it.

Favorite Answer

Who needs a mouse when you have a trackball?

• Jeff K

The best software for this is e-Speaking Voice and Speech Recognition. You can move the mouse using your voice. There are different types of mouse commands including:

1) Move the mouse up, down, left, right.

2) Move the mouse to a certain percentage of the window (vertically or horizontally)

3) Move the mouse in a degree from vertical (i.e., along a degree created by a clock hand) (e.g., move the mouse in the direction of 4 o'clock).

4) Move the mouse x-number of pixels up/down/left/right

5) Select (single left click), double-click, properties (right-click), drag item, release item, ...

6) Assign voice commands to operate buttons and icons

In addition to these mouse commands, you can create (or import) commands for any of the key strokes used to access Windows features. Use voice commands to minimize/maximize windows, go to a window, open/close programs, edit-copy, edit-paste, show the desktop, tabs, ....

I'm able to reduce my use of both the mouse AND the keyboard.

Check out the video demonstration at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYu6_cNRCD4

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYBHqOHQvQk

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZRSPXHOlLI

Youtube thumbnail

I can't use a mouse very long without getting pains. So I use the keyboard most of the time. However there are lots of applications where tabbing simply doesn't work to get to a data entry field.

I can navigate HAL by VOICE command using Dragon Systems software. I even have a HAL2001 theme installed so the system can talk back to me.

Saying "Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL" gets me to the Firefox browser on my laptop.

The program sucks up the CPU and RAM big time, though.

Source(s): Dragon Naturally Speaking

I can, windows or linux. I'm lazy and sometimes I don't have the mouse in at hand reach so I use keyboard instead (alt-tab, ctrl-tab, ctrl-shift-tab, shift-tab, ctrl-w, ctrl-q, alt-f4, enter, escape, etc, etc, etc)

It's easier not to use the mouse when you're in a Linux Console... since there are no windows to manipulate... :)

I'm from the "Commodore 64 to D.O.S." days, I can but I like using a mouse.

i can with windows and learning with linux.

• bugi

YES!!!