How do i get my ex-hubby to stop talking about me all the time to his new wife and my daughter?

MY EX-HUSBAND TALKS AND COMPLAINS ABOUT ME TO MY 26 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO IS STAYING WITH HIM. WE HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR OVER 7 YRS. HE COMPLAINS THAT WE HAD A TERRIBLE MARRIAGE WE WERE MARRIED 28 YEARS, SO IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN THAT BAD. RIGHT? WELL HE CALLS ME BAD NAMES AND TALKS ABOUT ME SOMETHING AWFUL TO MY DAUGHTER AND HIS NEW WIFE. HE IS OBESSED WITH OUR FORMER LIFE AND ME. I WANT HIM TO STOP SO MY DAUGHTER DONT HAVE TO DEFEND ME ALL THE TIME. I THINK HE STILL LOVES ME AND REGRETS THAT WE GOT A DIVORCE WHAT MAKES A MAN DO THIS. HIS NEW WIFE HAS TO HEAR ABOUT ME ALL THE TIME.

Favorite Answer

Why do you think it is your responsiblity to get him to stop.....Whats wrong with your grown daughter and the new wife telling him straight up to stop....They should stop listening and allowing him to make remarks...Tell your daughter she does not have to defend you....she can disengage from the conversation, leave the room, or whatever it takes.....Maybe if he cant get a response he will shut up......

Men get pissed because their ego cant believe that they might have failed at something and they have to direct that anger at someone else.....Sounds like its you!......

Why are you taking on this problem as yours????....

Guilt??? over the divorce????.....Get over it and move on....Men are always mad and women always feel guilty....I dont get it but it rings true for so many freinds i have who are divorced......

If his new wife listens to him going on and on....she's got some problems of her own.....most important word here being "SHE"

You really can't make him stop. You could ask your daughter not to tell you about what he said about you. Your daughter could tell him that she doesn't want to hear him complain about you, and refuse to comment on his complaints. She could try to get him to talk about something else i.e. gardening or sport, etc.. It sounds like he needs some help with his 'issues', but that's really not your problem. Best wishes.