ow much weight can a person and child have on their luggage for traveling on a plane?

the children's ages are 8,11,13

• --
    Favorite Answer

ages don't matter. Its the same for everyone. You need to look at which airline you're flying with. On their website will be a big section about luggage, what you can bring, weights, and so on. I know when I flew delta, and international it was 2 checked bags, no more than 50 pounds each, and then my carry-ons. but it also depends on destination...so check it out

Depending on the airline, each traveller including children is allowed 40 to 50 pounds in suitcases. Which means you can have 4 suitcases for yourself, however those 4 cannot exceed the 50 pounds in total weight. Therefore each child can have 50 pounds.

Your carry- on has to have a certain size, they might check it but it won't get weighed.

Even children get 2 checked bags at 50 lbs a piece. Everyone is also allowed a carry-on and a backpack (or a bag that fits under the seat)

Each passenger is allowed two pieces of luggage max of 50lbs but any airline would be happy to transport your luggage over fifty pounds for a fee. I believe as long as you don't go over a hundred pounds. The numbers are all different if you are traveling internationally. They allow more weight.

it depends on the airline. I work for an airline.... on ours, everyone (no matter the age) is allowed 2 bags at 50 lbs. each. Anything 51-70 lbs is $20, anything 71-99 is $50, if it's 100+ lbs it's not allowed. But it really depends. Call the airline your booked with.

Check with your carrier as they all have specific weight limits. Up until all the changes in security, you could carry 2 bags and a carryon (not counting your purse. The checked bags had to be below 70# each, or you had to purchase a "ticket" for them.

i think each person is allowed 2 pieces of luggage 50 lbs each.... thats if you check them. if you want to carry on the size is what matters, not weight.

it would depend on the airline...check with them...but generally you are allowed 25kg per suitcase....each traveller allowed to have a suitcase each plus hand luggage...