My xbox wont read any of the discs i put in it?

how to i take it apart to clean it or get it to read discs

Favorite Answer

There could be several reasons why your drive isn't reading discs. The drive itself could be bad as that has been a problem before. You can get replacement parts here:

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/parts.htm

If it is under warranty, take it back to the place you got it from.

If you really want to disassemble your Xbox and clean the drive yourself, you will need three screwdrivers: a torx 20, a torx 10, and a phillips. You will void your warranty if you still have one, otherwise have fun and follow these instructions for disassembling your Xbox:

http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene/tutoria...

Once you disconnect the drive, unscrew the four small phillips head screws that will remove the grey cover of the drive. You will see the optical lens once you remove the cover. How you clean the lens is up to you.

Source(s): Experience

My Xbox does this aswell with a number of my video games, i in simple terms get water on my finger then placed cleansing soap on it and gently wash the disc. make advantageous you dry heavily. if this does not paintings, maximum interest shops do upkeep on discs for approximately £2. additionally try downloading the interest to your hard disk by way of a pals disc then run it off the equipment...

• Nikki

Try cleaning your Cd's and buy a CD cleaner for your XBOX if you do not already have one. Also try unplugging the whole system for at least 10 secs to reset everything and if none of the above work, then you'll probably need to have someone look at it.

Good Luck!

Source(s): Personal Experience.

My boyfriend's Xbox (that I got him last Christmas) did the same thing. I bought a warranty with it and took it back to Best Buy. Apparently, it's a common problem with Xboxes according to the guy who helped me. They just told me to go get a new one from the gaming section and let me swap it out. I hope you sprang for the warranty! Good luck!

what she said, or if your disk are really messed up you can go to game stop and they'll repair it for you