Have you ever acted like someone you weren't?

Explain the situation in which you acted so, and tell me how it turned out. ie: i tried to become a popular kid in middle school which eventually altered my morals and values until today when i can finally shed that personality.

Favorite Answer

Yeah. I had this problem where around certain people, I pretended I was something that I'm not. After a few weeks of pretending for them, I couldn't stop pretending around them. It got really awkward, and it got to the point where I became extremely depressed because I felt like nobody knew who I actually was. Now, I have a wonderful boyfriend and three amazing best friends who helped me show everyone else who I really am, and not some stupid mask I put on for posterity. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who did that...

Source(s): My recent past...

All the way through school I tried to hang with the "rednecks". I wanted to show people that just because we (people who don't drink or do drugs) do understand why people do some of the things they do. You don't always have to "walk a mile in their shoes" to understand what makes people tick. Until this day, my whole life feels like a lie to the point that I have forgotten who I really am as a person.I would become anyone I needed to be to make friends. I have met some good people over the years.

Same reason when I was a teen to be popular. Most people do this as part of growing up. Ultimately all but a few come back to a strong moral base built on their raising and life expereince.

we change all out lives though. But less as we get older feel secure in who we are.

It sounds like you're a good kid and doin' OK now!

When I was a teenager I had bit of an identity crisis. I was not happy with myself, nor did I know who I really was. When this occured I would often take on the personalities of people that I admired. I did this so well that often people would tell me that I reminded them of that person even though I looked nothing like them. Being much older now, I am happy with myself the way I am and no longer need to pretend to be someone else.

Hey thats easy cause whwn guys come up to me and ask whats my name, I tell them my name is meka. I've been doing that for so long that I answer to it and now I think I have another personality.

To act like someone you aren't is not good but , To project it until you perfect it is great .

Be careful who you pretend to be, at least make it a good one that you can live with.

Bamma always just Bamma. Bamma say he like being who he is. Bamma say for some reason people flock to him. Bamma say he super popular. Bamma say he have girls fighting over him. Bamma say he can't help it. Bamma say it a natural gift. Bamma say sometime it a burden. Bamma say he have to remember all those birthdays. Bamma say sometimes he get mixed up. Bamma say it worth it though. Bamma say they forgive him. Bamma have to buy second tent for harem. Bamma say room for more. Bamma say he glad to be a prince. Bamma otta know.

don't pretend to be something your not if ya do they're not your real friends and that's not right you need friends that like you for who you are remember that =)