My wife wants a remote start on her 2003 Honda Accord?

I took the car for an oil change last week. I had already made the reservation with BestBuy to install the remote start in the car. When I was at the dealer the person whom was helping me I asked " if they installed remote starts there at the shop". His reply was that for Hondas they have lots of problems with remote starts. Either the battery, alternator, or electrical problem. I am not sure if this is a true statement or not? Why Honda, I have my brother that has one on is Toyota and it works fine. Should I go ahead and get it installed? I need help quickly before the installation date.

Favorite Answer

you shouldve got a toyota

In very nearly all circumstances i've got major, the starter on Honda engines are very no longer difficulty-free to get to. you would be able to desire to get at it from below and you do would desire to do away with different upload-ons to get to it. and then, finally substitute the rattling element. classic fee is as much as and which comprise ninety 9 dollars an hour for labour so time to get to the starter, substitute it and placed the bargain returned could be around 2 hours, could be 2 and a nil.5, plus fee of the starter, taxes in, i could say that's approximately maximum surprising. Sucks, yeah, even though it actual's genuine. possessing a automobile is a tax in itself.

Remote starts have outlived their usefulness. Everybody knows you bypass it by hooking the bomb up to the brake lights.

get her one! i installed one for my wife and she usees it all the time! comes in handy in the winter for heat,and cooling in summer! a paint in the but ot install your self but well worth it in the long run