Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Would it work out?

I'm 14 and in 8th grade and there's a 16 year old in 11th that I really like, and he's even told me he wants to date me but isn't sure because of the grade difference. We're basically at the same maturity level and don't date just anyone that comes along, but I still want to know.

Favorite Answer

hate to break it to you, but I'm a guy, and I know how guys think, and its not a very wise thing to do, all the other people saying age and grade are just numbers, they are right about people who have already became adults, (30 and 32, not big difference) but they are definitely WRONG about adolescents

but, you being 14, that means that he has 1/7 more experience, im not saying that you're immature, you might be as mature as any adult, but i will tell you, guys have a large thing on their mind, so, i wouldn't advise it

It might, but once he graduates how will it affect your relationship? You would still have a way to go. You never know till you try, and I would advice against it, but if you feel the both of you are mature enough to handle this then go for it. Good luck.

Every situation is different. If I was your parents I would be very cautious and have strict rules and guidelines for you. One year different is one thing, but 14 and 16 is a big difference.

I would'nt...You are 14...He Is 16...You are In 8th grade...He Is In 11th...Work It out the best Way you can.

Age difference is not a big matter so go for it since your both mature and ready to handle a relationship, go for it.

Maybe it would, maybe it won't. Both of you don't go to the same school, right? That might affect the relationship. But if you want to, go for it! Good luck :]

Sure it would, to me age is not an obstacle when it comes to relationships. as long as you guys highly understand each other, appreciate each other, support each other and leave all your selfishness behind. But you must really know him better before you decide you want to have a relationship with him.

Good luck, I don't see a problem. His friends might have a problem with you being in a lower grade though and give him a hard time about it.

When I was 16, my wife was 9...it could happen

Yeah, good luck.

Either he is way too dumb or, well, he's way too dumb if you're at the same maturity level.