New Hardrive?

Dell told me today that I will have to replace my hardrive. Two questions, how much for a hardrive, and can I install it myself with basic tools?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Well as for cost, depends on how big you want. The best right now as far as price per GB would be the 320 GB, which will run you about $95 from newegg. As for the second part, yes, you need a screwdriver, that's it.

I bought an 80 gig wd caviar from wal-mart for 'round sixty bucks last week. Came with software to replace my old drive and everything! Now I have four times the storage, and installing it was easier than laying the pipe to a college chick.

320 Gig Maxtor for $99 at Staples a couple of weeks ago. Drives are super cheap these days. Technically you need a screw driver but I have installed drives without one.

An 80g at walmart $59.95. Easy to install, but remember you have to install your operating system

dont cost to much, and its not very hard to put in