Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 decade ago

Teenager car insurance.?

I turn 16 in February and I want to know about how much I'm going to be paying for my car insurance. I'm going to be under my Dad's plan with State Farm. I'm male and my GPA is over a 4.0. I'm going to be driving a 2001 Dodge RAM 1500. I don't know if anyone can give me an exact cost but I justed wanted to know a range.

Favorite Answer

It depends on many factors, really.....(grades mean nothing, from what I understand..at least where I am.) including zip code of residency, company of insurance, multiple car/policy discounts, coverages (full-coverage, PL/PD?) etc that your parents may have.

HOWEVER....I certainly can just about tell you for sure that it isn't going to be a pretty price, regardless. Youthful drivers are classified as that until like they are 24 or something like that.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the premium doubles from what it is now, though.

It's because statistically, teens are the worst drivers on the road (next to really old people) and are involved in the most accidents. If you haven't noticed, most of the accidents involving texting and driving probably involved teens. Insurance companies don't want to lower rates for a group that has that many accidents; it would loose them a lot of money. By the way, I know how you feel about the money. I'm a college student too. However, there is no reason to complain about it. You could be living in a Third World country instead where people can't even find good food and water sources from time to time. At least here, even poor college students can afford Top Ramen at least, so you won't starve.

Get and compare quotes from different companies at - INSURERATES.INFO-

RE Teenager car insurance.?

• Keren

I suggest you to visit this website where onel can compare quotes from different companies: http://coveragedeals.net/index.html?src=2YAZbR9QwL...

RE :Teenager car insurance.?

Follow 17 answers

• jerry

A lot.

A single male under the age of 21 driving an SUV/Pickup is the highest risk catagory for insurance.

A GPA discount may apply, but you're still going to be pretty high up there. If your dad has been with his company for a long time, the good thing is that you will be put under his rate assessment and that should cut your cost significantly.

Have your Dad talk to his agent. Make sure he mentions your GPA because most insurance companies give discounts for it. The agent can do a quote and let your Dad know how much to expect to pay. You may want to wait til after first of the year since thats when most insurance companies adjust their rates. Good luck.

About an extra 400 per year

Mine is like 450 every 3 mo. but I have full coverage on an 03 Neon. Yours will depend on what type of coverage you get.

Compare insuran ce quotes

I would recommend one to accomplish this sitee to get prices from different businesses in the area at no cost. https://tr.im/3SqG3