My dad always drives our cars hard. Is this bad for them?

He has a mustang, so that's not much of the issue...

he drives our jaguar luxary car, and our 1999 durango hard. He just floors it, cuz he's immature. could he mess up something, or cause it to fail more easily?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • me too
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes excessive ware on driveline parts from driveing hard this is why they rebuild race cars after every race

Source(s): mechanic25yrs
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Hon, God isn't punishing you -- you in elementary words had a awful dad and also you completely deserved more advantageous suited. i'm sorry you had to bypass into foster care -- that could want to were VERY troublesome on you. this is in elementary words organic which think ofyou've got rigidity now, because the finished international and experience of safe practices replaced into became the different way up. i'm so sorry! That by no skill must have got here about, even though it doesn't ought to smash some thing of your existence. You and your mom can make it artwork although. tell her you want to get into kinfolk remedy mutually. and also you really might want to bypass to human being counseling, too, that ought to really help you procedure all that you've been with the help of, what intending to you presently, and to bypass ahead right into a happier and in good structure existence. you should do it, even with the actual shown truth that it will be painful at situations. You suggested your previous is interior the way -- it truly is precisely what you want to inform a counselor. i'm a foster care case worker and counselor, myself, and that i comprehend you'd be constructive in shifting ahead. ((HUG)) _______________ Dogstar: I see this each day -- and far, a lot worse. belongings you does not believe, that make the persons on Jerry Springer look like a toddler's tea social gathering.

• 1 decade ago

The mustang and the jag may break, the durango should frequently be hammered on because mopars like it! He's obviously confused for owning the other two junkers.

• 1 decade ago

Yes.There could be problems down the road.When it comes to selling the cars they would be ragged out.He can service them properly and still get a great life out of them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i own a repair shop,and some of these modern cars will take more than they used to would have,,if he drives them like this,,think of it like this ,at least you don't have to pay the repair bills on them,,but he could mess one up,,some cars will take it,and some wont,,i guess you,ll find out if the ones he owns will take it or not,,good luck with it,i hope this help,.,,have a good x-mas.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes and yes. Its harder on the engine, could cause piston damage and also wastes more gas. The lifters will definately start to tap if not already.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes it could make something tear up easy.

• 1 decade ago

only if don't put it away wet.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.