my shitzu is sick but old what should i do?

no barking cant stand

.he is 11 years old human no chewing

Favorite Answer

Your Dog could have something easily treatable..Perhaps a heavy load of parasites.It would be worth your time and small Vet Fee to take him in and see whats wrong...The Smaller the dog the longer the lifespan..He may have many good years left..If its not something you can afford to treat or He wont recover from then you can have him humanely Euthanazed at the Vets office.11 is up there but far from acient..I have a 14 year old Cockapoo who acts like a puppy..He has many years left I hope!

Good Luck

Source(s): Shelter tech

First of all, shihtzu's can live up to 15 years or longer so your dog could still have a few more years in him. There could be something internally wrong causing the lethargic behavior and causing him not to be able to stand. He's been with you for 11 years, doesn't he deserve a check up to be sure there isn't something else you could do first? My friend's dog did this same exact thing, she took her to the vet and found out that she has severe arthritis and it was hurting her to stand (hence no standing up). They started meds and she's back to running and full of life now. (Her dog is 12)

Am I reading this right? 11 years old...doesn't bark...doesn't chew...and can't stand?? If your dog can not stand up, you need to see a vet ASAP. You say he is sick...sick how? By not being able to stand up or is there more?

• Tigger

While 11 is not a young dog, it's not really ancient for a dog either. Take him to the vet and find out what's going on. Get him treatment if you can.

I doubt your dog is unwell. It is a dog they usually do this plenty. We suppose of dogs as colossal, a laugh balls of vigour, however that vigour most effective lasts for goodbye, then they sleep. That's what dogs do. You will have to additionally keep in mind that your dog is now adjusting to a brand new atmosphere and has had a couple of days of pressure so it is resting up from that as good. Give him/her a couple of extra days to evolve, if nonetheless involved approximately it name the vet.

Take your SHIH TZU (correct spelling) to a vet. Age shouldn't matter, when it comes to the well-being of the animal.

It sounds like his quality of life is gone. Be kind and euthanize him, please! He has served you well for 11 years - send him to his rest. I know you'll miss him, but it's only going to get more difficult for him to maintain life.

God bless!

• take him to the vet. ASAP he may be in alot of pain and you may not know it hope he gets better :)

how sick ya' talking?

take him to the veg